Every Monday, do you have the Monday Morning Blues? Do you start to get these Monday Morning Blues on Sunday evening? Do you like your co-workers? Are you stressed every day? Are you having negative thoughts about sabotaging a project at work? Have your boss told you and you already know that your performance is not up to par?
These are just a few signs that it may be time to move on to a new job. You want to stay but all signs point to it's time for you to go.
1) The spark has gone - You use to have so much pep and spark about tackling a new project, learning something new and just waking up in the morning. You no longer get this excitement could be a sign that you may need to move on.
2) Dislike - You do not like or care for your co-associates and/or your boss.
3) Stressed out and negative - If you are stressed out an extraordinary amount of time at work and have nothing but negative thoughts, it may be time.
4) Underutilized skills - Your skills are not being used. You feel like you are not growing and being given any opportunities that your co-associates are being given. Your four years college degree is not being used, it is time to move onto a new job and may even be time for a career change.
5) Work-Life-Balance - Whatever happened to work, life and balance. If you no longer feel that you can balance between your work life and your home life, it may be time to find a more suitable job for you.
6) Lacking in performance - If you feel that your work performance is lacking or going down slowly, this may be a sign. If you are normally a top performer but now your work is below mediocre then you need to get back to being a top performer at another company.
It is overdue but get up, find one reason to continue working at your current job, continue to work hard every day - you are being paid to do your job; start your job search, incorporate work-life-balance, join a gym to help decrease stress in your life, eat healthy, and prepare yourself to move on to a better and new opportunity for you. Good Luck.
"Take those chances and you can achieve greatness, whereas if you go conservative, you'll never know. I truly believe what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Even if you fail, learning and moving on is sometimes the best thing."